Blyth Valley Green Party
We are a local branch of the Green Party that was re-established in March 2015 by a passionate group of concerned citizens who were increasingly frustrated at the political choices on offer in the Blyth Valley area.
As a group of discontented voters, we found common ground within the Green movement and injected new life into the then dormant local party.
The revitalised Blyth Valley Green Party aims to:
- Promote policies and ideas that will help Blyth Valley transition towards a more prosperous, sustainable economy.
- Strengthen local communities and provide a louder voice for charitable organisations, not-for-profit and ethically-minded enterprises, and small and medium-sized businesses.
- Develop projects that put into action what the Green Party stands for, namely the creation of a more equal, just, and sustainable society.
- Engage in peaceful protest and other forms of activism to lend support to people in need and to highlight sidelined issues, especially climate change.
- Achieve Green Party representation in Blyth Valley on Town and Parish Councils, Northumberland County Council, and in Parliament.
Please browse this site to discover more about us and our party.